doxorubicin/adriamycin

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rainenz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rainenz » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Lorraine :kiwi:

Dx Dec 1996 LB 3.6 medullary, 6/14 nodes... Tx Lump, 6 x AC and 30 x Rads
Dx July 2006 RB 3.5 IDC + DCIS, 29/34 nodes... Tx Lump/Mast, 4 X FEC, 6 X Taxol and 25 x Rads. Triple Neg. BRCA1+

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby sedgymum » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:50 am

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

chris
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby chris » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:42 pm

Helly There is buckets of info on AC & many of the women have been on this combo. If you go through the earlier postings you will get plenty of info on AC. It is one of the original combinations along with CMF. Yes it is toxic, yes your hair falls out, yes you will feel yucky, yes its all awful but it will knock down many of the cancer cells & give you some time to get yourself organized. Having lung mets is not good (I know I have it) but it dosent mean the end of the world, however you have to be realistic, get support, STOP SMOKING, be positive, and hang on for as long as it takes because you never know what is around the corner as far as treatment goes. Feeling sorry for yourself does not make cancer dissapear. Life is unfair to a lot of people around the world. You have children that must give you love & hope and a positive drive. Sorry if I am being too direct but now is the time to get on with life head on. All the very best & do get intouch with a support group. Chris

helly_63
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

doxorubicin/adriamycin

Postby helly_63 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:40 pm

hello, i just wondered what ladies here have been on this chemo drug and what side effects they had. as this is my first time with chemo i had one treatment last week 37mg dosage weekly for the next six..last night i felt all achy and fluey is it going to get worse with more treatment and when will my hair start falling out:( so not looking forward to that

i wanted chemo a year ago now i have mets in my lung and bones just because they had to wait for my lung tumour to get big enough for a biopsy....in the meantime,sorry not curable now,im a single mum of 4 and still have 2 girls home 12,14 that need me ,so unfair
helen

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”